Foreign citizens, allowed to enter the Russian Federation.
According to the decision of the Government of the Russian Federation
No. 635-r of 16 March 2020 in some cases UK and non-UK citizens are allowed to fly to Russia from London without British residence permit. We strongly advise to check beforehand with the respective airline, whether you fall under one of these exceptions. Needless to say that you should have a valid travel document and a visa (unless you can go to Russia on visa-free basis). The most frequent exceptions are as follows.
1. Accredited or appointed employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states in the Russian Federation, international organizations and their missions, other official missions of foreign states in the Russian Federation, officials of the Permanent Committee of the Union State, as well as family members of persons mentioned above, truck drivers, crew members of air, sea and river vessels, train and locomotive brigades of international railway, personnel determined by international agreements of the Russian Federation in the area of the railway transport, the members of official delegations
2.Persons, holding diplomatic and service or private visas issued due to the close relative’s death, as well as private visas issued by the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia.
3. Citizens of countries, having the right to travel to the Russian Federation on visa-free basis in accordance with international agreements, who are entering Russia as diplomatic couriers or in connection with the death of a close relative (spouse, parent, children, adoptive parent and children) tutor or guardian. They should provide a copy of the death certificate and a document confirming family relationship with the deceased (a certificate of birth, certificate of marriage and etc.).
4. Persons, who are the family members (spouse, parents, children, adoptive parents and children), tutors and guardians of citizens of the Russian Federation, They should provide a copy of the document confirming the family relationship (a certificate of birth, certificate of marriage and etc.)
5. Persons, permanently residing in the Russian Federation (except for the persons specified in the paragraph 13 of section 2 of the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 763-r dated March 27, 2020), and also those who transit the Russian Federation through air checkpoints staying in the airport.
6. Persons and their family members participating to the State Program for the voluntary resettlement to the Russian Federation, holding a certificate of this State Program participant.
7. Persons, going to the Russian Federation for technical maintenance of foreign equipment, listed and approved by the Federal Security Service of Russia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia.
8. Highly qualified specialists, entering only once the Russian Federation, listed and approved by the Federal Security Service of Russia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. They should provide a valid employment contract.
9. Citizens of Ukraine and the stateless persons, permanently residing on the territories of Donetsk and Lugansk regions in Ukraine. In this case, they should hold a Ukrainian passport or an identity document proving their permanent residence in Donetsk or Lugansk regions.
10. Persons, entering the Russian Federation for medical treatment purposes. They should provide documents (or copies) issued by a medical organization, confirming the invitation for treatment with specific terms or documents (copies) issued by the Ministry of Health of Russia.
11. Persons, entering the Russian Federation to nurse seriously ill close relatives (spouse, parents, children, adoptive parents and children), tutors and guardians. They should provide documents (the copies of documents) issued by a medical organization and confirming family relationship.
12. Highly qualified specialists in the field of sport listed and approved by the Ministry of Sport of Russia, the Federal Security Service of Russia, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia and Russian Aviation Agency. They should have working visas or humanitarian visas for sports relations or a visa-free status in accordance with the international agreements of the Russian Federation.
13. Family members (spouses, parents, children, adoptive parents, adopted) of highly qualified specialists in the field of sports, as well as family members (spouses, parents, children, adoptive parents, adopted children) of persons participating in sports events on the territory of the Russian Federation, included in the list (indicating the checkpoint across the state border of the Russian Federation and the date of entry ), sent by the Ministry of Sports of Russia to the Federal Security Service of Russia, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia and the Federal Air Transport Agency, provided that the indicated persons present a travel document with respective visa.