Resuming flights to Russia
According to the decision of the Government of the Russian Federation on the international flights the Russian Airlines Aeroflot has resumed its regular flights to Moscow starting from 1 August 2020 – 1 flight per day, 2 flights on Saturday (the timetable may change, please, consult www.aeroflot.ru).
In this regard, we would like to draw the attention of foreign citizens who are planning to take this chance to fly to Russia, on the following.
- Only those passengers, including transit ones, who have the right to enter the Russian Federation in view of the restrictions currently in place because of the pandemic COVID-19, will be allowed to board the plane. Please, check this information at the Russian Embassy/Consulate in the respective country of your residence before buying the ticket and coming to London airport.
- Boarding the plane is permitted for British citizens and foreign citizens with a residence permit or other document, confirming their permanent residence in the UK (for EU citizens – a special document, issued by the Home Office and certified by a notary), provided they have a valid visa.
- Every passenger has to show a printed medical document (in English or Russian), confirming a negative PCR test for COVID-19, at the check-in and then at the border of the Russian Federation. Passengers without the printed medical document will be refused to board.
- If the medical document is in another language, it should be translated into Russian and certified by the respective Russian Consulate (please, consult such Consulate in advance).
- All passengers on board should fill in a special questionnaire.
- 14 days of self-isolation upon arrival to Russia is not applicable any more thanks to the above mentioned medical document. Nevertheless, those foreign citizens, arriving to Russia with a visa for permanent work, still have to self-isolate for 14 days.
- In case you feel any health disturbance during 14 days upon arrival to Russia, you have to call immediately for medical assistance without going to a medical institution.
Same rules apply for any other airlines, which will resume its flights between the Russian Federation and the United Kingdom.
Please, bear in mind that not complying with these conditions is at your own risk and responsibility.